Monday, January 30, 2012

Public Toilets

I have a pet peeve with public toilets...want to hear about it? Too bad, you're going to anyway.  Due to my job as a merchandiser I get to see lots of public restrooms. What do you want from me? When ya gotta go, ya gotta go! :-)  Anyway, I would love to know who decides where to place the toilet paper dispenser on the wall in these restrooms.  It either has to be a man or a vertically challenged individual!

In every bathroom I go into with the exception of Publix grocery stores, and convenience stores (since I don't use their bathrooms) the dispenser is placed below waist level, when sitting down.  Okay, so what you say? Well the big deal is that the dispenser is probably 6" to 12" in height so a woman has to reach way down and up under the dispenser to find the toilet paper and then try to pull some off.  Heaven help us if it's a brand new roll thereby not wanting to "roll" and we are then able to only pull off one broken piece at a time.  Oh this really does irritate me!

Kudos to Publix (and whoever designs/places their dispensers) because they are actually placed above a woman's shoulders...while she is sitting of course.  Great job Publix!

No comments:

Post a Comment