Monday, January 16, 2012

Written words

I am on the computer a lot during the week. Between, emails, my job boards, facebook, and games I play I spend way too much time online.  Yes I am ADDICTED!

One thing I try very hard to do is watch how I "say" things online.  The written word is so easy to misinterpret due to the fact the reader can't see my facial expressions or hear my tone.  I am a joker...sarcastic person by nature so I have to try even harder to get my message across without offending the reader. 

Recently there was an instance on Facebook where someone misinterpreted my words and went ballistic on me. I sat there reading their response and shock/anger filled me.  I got my fingers ready to fire a quick retort back at them - then praise the Lord - I stopped and walked away.  After thinking about it for a few hours I just went back and deleted my part of the entire conversation and thought to myself  "LOL, when other people read THAT person's words they are going to think that person is a kook!" 

I know, I know it wasn't the right thought for me to have...but it made me laugh nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment